Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

She has vomited twice today, but only threw up grass. Then

Customer Question

She has vomited twice today, but only threw up grass. Then she had a solid bowel movement, also with grass. Then it looked like she immediately tried to poop after, and only a little poopy liquid came out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I've noticed, but it is possible that she ate a small amount of cat food yesterday
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** is approximately a year and a half
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sage?
Customer: We recently treated her for giardia, she took all her medication and we were getting a fecal sample tested later today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Dose there seem to be any abdominal pain?

Blood in the stool?

Is the dog still vomiting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She seems a little bloated, no blood, still vomiting. Mostly bile, but some grass as well
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

This sounds like a bout of Gastrointestinal distress due to eating something that she should not have. You mentioned Cat Food and that could do it. Sudden changes in diet can cause the problem. Dogs will eat grasses to make themselves vomit to relieve an upset stomach. You can use Pepcid AC 10 mg to aid in settling the stomach. If you give me the weight I can give you the dosage. You will need to fast the dog 12-14 hours depending on weight an small breed 12 hours a larger dog 24. Offer small amounts of water throughout the day. When you start to fed again we will start with a bland diet of 1 part skinless chicken breat to 3 parts white rice and a good spoon full of Pure canned pumpkin, not pie filling. Feed the bland diet for a few days and then wean back onto the gog food. If the dog starts to get worse, with more vomiting loose stools, or worse bloating, then a Vet visit will be needed. I do not think this is Giardia causing this as you would see loose stools as well as the vomiting.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?