Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I have a male english bulldog and reason he keeps squatting

Customer Question

I have a male english bulldog and for some reason he keeps squatting on the grass and stays there for minutes without peeing. He normally lifts up his leg and has never acted like this
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: he also threw up
JA: What is the bulldog's name and age?
Customer: crowley he is 2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Crowley?
Customer: no hes in perfect health
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Does Crowley show urgency to go?

Any blood in the urine?

Is he neutered?

when he does go does he have a good stream?

Is he drinking?

Joan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no he is not neutered, when he goes outside he is just squatting. NO blood isnt eatting or drinking water
seems more lethargic than normal thew up three times already
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we got him new treats and i think thats what is causing the issue
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The treats are too rich for him i think. We dealt with this before and had to take him to the vet. The vet isnt open until 8am is there anything I can do until then
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

The Squatting is typical of a UTI, which is common. As far as if you feel it is a stomach issue we can give 1/2 of a 10mg Pepcid Ac to help settle the stomach tonight. That will help with the vomiting. If you can get some fluids into him in small increments that would be great in case there is a UTI going on. You also may want to get a Temperature on him. Normal is 100,5-102.5. Over 103. is a fever and we need to address that. You can put some icecubes in he dish to lick. for fluids some Pedilayte diluted with water 50/50. A lttle plain broth low sodium is great.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan