Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

He ate an extreme start fire starter : And has been puking :

Customer Question

He ate an extreme start fire starter
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: And has been puking
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: His name is Odin. He's 9 weeks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Is this a fire starter log the dog has ingested? How much?

Did he vomit the firestarter up?

Weight of the dog?

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

If what he ate was a fire starter log, it is not as bad as it could have been. Fire logs have the ingredients of paraffin and sawdust. You can expect to see GI upset ie: vomiting which you are seeing or diarrhea due to laxative effect of the wax. The good news is that no serious problems are expected.
There is the possible foreign body depending on size of the puppy and a piece of the log could cause an obstruction. At this time I advise to hold all food and water until vomiting stops. When it does, only small amounts of water and wait until morning and start a bland diet of skinless chicken breast boiled one part to 3 parts white rice in small increments. Monitor for any other problems.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Aimee,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

Checking in to see how your little one is doing? Would love an update.

Joan