Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

He may have eat Quickbayt Fly Bait : im thinking of running

Customer Question

He may have eat Quickbayt Fly Bait
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: im thinking of running to get ipecac
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: he ate a little of
Quickbayt Fly Bait
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 5 years wheaton terrier 40 lbs Hogan maile
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hogan Maile?
Customer: male -> Hogan
JA: Huh?
Customer: he is a male, name is Hogan
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. Please do not give Ipecac. There are better ways to induce vomiting. The ingredients are actually very mild and may not cause a problem. We can induce vomiting using 3% hydrogen peroxide. Please feed a piece of bread and follow it with 1 teaspoon full of 3% hydrogen Peroxide per 10 pounds of body weight. Jostle the stomach and jog the dog he should throw up in 15 mins and you can repeat once. if needed.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

This is information on the main ingredient and if you read down it states dogs tolerate this well and rarely have a problem:

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how long till the dog throws up after giving it them normally? he has had the bread and hydrogen, 5 minutes ago.
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

Usually within 15 mins. but can be repeated again after 15 mins. Important to jostle te stomach and jog to stir up the peroxide. Ipecac has been found toxic in pets and we do not use that or salt like some may tell you to use. What he ate should not hurt him as the ingredient are well tolerated and even used in treating parasites. So no worries if he does not throw up. I sent the Information on that above.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?