Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

I found the answer but thank you : 64# dog ate food with

Customer Question

I found the answer but thank you
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: 64# ***** ate food with scallions in the recipe but promptly vomited. He doesn't want to eat today. He has been under a lot of stress as we are having construction done. He loves doggy daycare so we are trying to help that
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Brooks and we think he is about 2.5, mix of beagle/pit bull/Manchester toy terrier if the DNA is right. He's a rescue mutt
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Brooks?
Customer: He is up and around but not super energetic today. I haven't seen him move his bowel yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that Brooks has you worried. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help I just have a few questions.

What else besides the scallions was in the food he ate?

How long after ingesting this did he vomit?

Any chance he ate anything else such as toys, clothing, bones, construction debris etc?

Are his gums nice and pink?

Expert:  Candy replied 6 months ago.

Would you like me to have this question closed for you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ginger and pork and soy sauce. Vomited within 3ish minutes. Gums are pink. He's much more himself now as I am dogsitting a dog he likes. I don't know about foreign bodies I guess any thing is possible. He had a bully stick but I think he buried it whole
Expert:  Candy replied 6 months ago.

Ok. I am glad to hear he vomited it up so quickly as not only can the scallions cause problems pork can also lead to pancreatitis. I am happy to hear he has perked up with the other dog around. If he is really stressed about the construction this can cause them to not want to eat.

If he continues to not want to eat you can try Pepcid AC at a dose of 0.25mgs per pound of body weight to see if this helps settle his stomach. This can be given every 12 hours as needed.

If he goes more then 48 hours without eating or passing stool, begins straining to pass stool or vomits after eating then he should be seen by a vet. To help with the stress you can get a pheromone collar DAP is a brand you can get at most vets but we are also having good luck with the over the counter Sentry collars.

I hope all goes well and he feels better soon. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.

Candy

Expert:  Candy replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Candy