Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I saw an injured coyote pup on the road. He has a bit of

Customer Question

I saw an injured coyote pup on the road. He has a bit of bright red blood coming out of his mouth. Was lying on his side but raised his head when we approached him. Seemed to be panting a bit but after a few minutes ran of the road. Likely has an internal injury. What are the chances of survival? Should we go look for him?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: please see my e-mail
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: It is coyote pub not a dog. Seems 4-5 months old.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: sorry pup
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

It is possible a head injury or internal damage. It is hard with a wild animal and he will need attention by a Vet. The big issue is you need to be sure to muzzle him if you try to bring him in. If you have the ability to look for him, he would have a better chance of survival after being hit. In the wild with a head injury or internal bleeding. His chances lessen since he is weakened and vulnerable to defend himself and has a better chance if being attacked by other animals or bleed to death.

Joan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks that's what I am suspecting as well. Unfortunately my husband is out of town this weekend and I am not sure how I can rescue and transport the little guy on my own.
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

You can try calling the wildlife organization in the area. They can set some traps in the area to bring him in or may even have some rescuers to bring him in. The other option is calling a wildlife rescue to see if they can send some people out after him. You did the best you can for him.

Joan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** some calls in for them but nobody is responding so far. I might ask the local police for help if I can locate him.
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

Good that is a some help. He is injured he will not go too far.

If have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan