Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Prone to chronic ear infections now he is not eating loosing

Customer Question

Prone to chronic ear infections now he is not eating loosing weight and has a dry cough. Has been on antibiotics numerous times still keeps coming back. Changed diet for yeast. Just consierded the infection has now migrated past middle ear and can't afford another vet bill. He is chocalate lab and 10 years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bear
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bear?
Customer: Doesn't appear to be in pain still wags tail but he sleeping also more then usual
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jennifer Van Noy replied 6 months ago.

I’m Dr. Jenn and I’m a licensed veterinarian with 18 years of experience. I’m here to help with your question about Bear.

I’m so sorry you’re having this problem, but glad you’re looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you’re satisfied with the information I’ve provided. I’ll do my best to ear your good rating, because that’s the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I’ll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:

• Do you think Bear has an ear infection now?
  • What diet is he currently eating?
  • When is the last time he ate and how much?
  • How long has he been coughing? Are there particular times of the day he coughs more?

I’ll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you for using our website.