Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My 2 year old American Eskimo may have swallowed a 5 mgm

Customer Question

My 2 year old American Eskimo may have swallowed a 5 mgm Crestor is that harmful for him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kody
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kody?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear Kody ate your Crestor and has you concerned. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.

The good news is that there is no concern of serious complications from a one time ingestion of this drug. The fact that he is a larger dog further reduces any risks. When ingested this drug can cause some nausea, vomiting or gas, however, this should be self limiting and resolve on its own.

I hope this helps ease your mind.

Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If all of your questions have been answered please take a few moments to provide a rating so that I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you today.

Candy