Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has a lump on s throat it feels hard and I can make a

Customer Question

My dog has a lump on his throat it feels hard and I can make a circle from it the size is like a 20 Australian cent. He is breathing normally and has no problem eating he still barks and is like normal
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Cyrus
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cyrus?
Customer: I cook for him I don't feed him canned food. He lives on chicken necks raw and raw chicken wings I cook up chicken mince beef or lamb..he's 13 yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Yrs
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** to hear that Cyrus has a lump. I will do my best to help with your question. First I have a few questions to help me better understand your situation.

​How long has the lump been noticed?
Does it appear to be growing or causing him discomfort?

Is there any redness, hairloss, bleeding or discharge?

If you like, you can attach a photo of the lump by clicking on the paperclip button and uploading a photo from your computer. This will greatly assist me in understanding Cyrus' lump.