Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

She was in kennel and she was with her tounge out and eyes

Customer Question

She was in kennel and she was with her tounge out and eyes rolled way back in her head lying down on her side acting like she was swimming for about 1 min or 2 the most when she got up she was very confused and unlike herself for about 2 min or 3 mins my wife tried too pet her she got little frisky with snaling and went after her then the puppy calmed down then she was acting little wabbly trying too eat and drink for about 5 to 8 min aftef then she has been fine sense then acting like her self can i get some help with this i was reading we think it was a siezure what do u think she is 7 month old female American Bully merle blue color !!?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I dont know what yr asking about confusion ? I ask u the question with the details ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bleu
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bleu?
Customer: Thats is it unless u need too know anything else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Is this the first time this has happened?

Was there any other episodes?

How is she doing now?

Could she have gotten into anything toxic?

Joan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
First time for this too happen first episode she is doing better she has been acting normal for the last 45 min or so she was in crate that was open earlier she jumped out and got into bath salts but we dont know if she ate any of it all that was 3 plus maybe 4 hrs ago she was fine when came home found it all over the floor and paper towels and toilet tissue rolls chewed up normal puppy thing with paper towel ect thing if this helps she weighs about 40 lbs she tiny for she was the runt in group of puppies 7 months old as well
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My name is Aaron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She has eatin some food drank some water sense her little problem she had
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do u need more info from me too help u out !?
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

What you did see is a seizure. They can be idiopathic and sometimes have an underlying reason. You will need to have her in to the Vet and have some blood work pulled. What I suggest should this happen again, That you get her in a dark quiet safe room and allow her to relax. If it happens again grab you camera or Phone and shoot a video. This will help the Vet. I know this is scary, but she needs you during this time. Keep a diary of what she eats daily and also activities so the Vet can check for triggering points. If they last more than 3 mins, get her into the ER. The longer they last the more dangerous they can be.

Tonight keep her calm and no stimulation and get her seen in the am tomorrow.

Joan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thx
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

Did you have any other questions? There are different types of seizures when a dog will just stand and Bark to the Gran mal which you witnessed. If I have addressed your concerns please take a moment to rate my service

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2105&aid=433

Joan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No i am good thx i figured u would be more help of this sitution thou too be honest !?
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

The key with this is to stay calm to keep her calm. Stimulation can cause further seizures that is why I said a dark room and you can even put on soft music to keep her calm. It may be the fisrt and last one you will see, but you need to have her blood work done because various medical issues can promote this type of problem like a live issue. Blood work should clear that. The Vet will have you as I said keep the diary and film any issues. They may put her on medication if needed. It will be up to the Vet and findings.

Jon