Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Taking Interceptor having trouble breathing went out to pee

Customer Question

Taking Interceptor for heartworms having trouble breathing went out to pee fell down was laying out in the yard for a couple hours before I found her in the heat picked her up by her and having trouble breathing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** she is a 15 year old Shiba Inu who asked about 5 years old she looks very young and acts very young
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Faja Faja?
Customer: Just that she is being treated for heartworms
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My nameis Joan and I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Does she have an active case of heart worms that she is being treated for?

Please look at her gums and longue and tell me what color they are and when pressed how long it takes for color to come back?

Is she coughing at all?