Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

He ingested 7-10 of my son's dessmopressin pills : 65 lb

Customer Question

he ingested 7-10 of my son's
dessmopressin pills
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your son's dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 65 lb yellow lab, male, 8 months old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Trooper
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Trooper?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: My wife just gave him 6 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide and is walking him now
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Oral doses of 0.2 mg/kg/day have been administered to dogs for 6 months without significant drug-related toxicity reported. That would be equivalent to 6 mg for Trooper. Your son's pills totaled far less than that. There's a good chance that Trooper's dietary indiscretion will go unnoticed. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.