Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

She is congested and constantly either sneezing or blowing

Customer Question

She is congested and constantly either sneezing or blowing out of her nose. It has been going on for about 2 or 3 weeks now. We tried medicine and although hard to do squirting saline into her nostrils.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ellie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ellie?
Customer: Llasa Apso 7 years old about 15 lbs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

My concern for Ellie is that , since she is a bit older., this could be caused by a sinus infection or a foreign body in her nose. This can also happen with allergies so the first thing to do, unless your vet has prescribed an anti histamine, is to give Ellie Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs for 5-7 days. If there is no improvement, then further diagnostics will have to be done to determine if this is a sinus infection, foreign nasal body or tumor in these areas. This can be very serious for your sweet Ellie so it is time, if the Benadryl is not effective, to pursue diagnostics to rule out other conditions so the correct treatment can be initiated on your sweet gal.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****