Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

My dog is named Sammy he is a yorkipoo and earlier tonight

Customer Question

My dog is named Sammy he is a yorkipoo and earlier tonight he got attacked by a pit Bull and it punctured his lung and damaged his bladder and just made it out of surgery. They said his liver count was high at 600 but as long as he would let them handle him with fluids he had a pretty good chance to make it out ok just wondering what you thought his survival chances are?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How old is Sammy?
Customer: He is roughly around 5 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sammy?
Customer: Nothing that comes to mind except he can be aggressive with other people and that kinda scares me when it comes to him letting them do what they need to do
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would like to try and assist you.

If he made it out of surgery that is half the battle. Right now it is his will and supportive care that can pull him through. He is in the best place he can be as far as care. If it is an ER Vet they will be monitoring him all night in intensive care. As far as chances, it depends on Sammy's will to keep fighting. I have seen some strong little dogs. I would say he has an excellent chance with the Vets in the clinic. I will Keep Sammy in my prayers.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?