Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

MY DOG HAS BEEN BREATHING HEAVY THREE DAYS AS SHE DID THE

Customer Question

MY DOG HAS BEEN BREATHING HEAVY FOR ABOUT THREE DAYS AS SHE DID THE LAST TWO PREGNANCIES BUT HER EYES SEEM RED I KNOW SHE'S IN LABOR HOW LONG CAN SHE BREATH THIS WAY BEFORE GOING TO A VET
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: SUNSET SHE WILL BE 5 IN SEPTEMBER
JA: How old is September?
Customer: I'M SORRY SHE IS 5 WILL BE 6 IN SEPTEMBER HER NAME IS***** HER IN THE HOUSE TO COOL DOWN
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sunset?
Customer: NO SHE US VERY HEALTHY SHE HADN'T EVER BEEN AROUND ANOTHER DOG UNTIL A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO AND THIS IS HER THIRD GO AROUND BUT SUCCESSFULLY DELIVERED 12PUPPIES MAY 2015 & 10 PUPPIES DEC 2015
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have beem a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would like to assist you.

Any time a dog is breathing heavy it sends up red flags, and when we compound the red eyes with t bhereathing we know something is going on that needs to be addressed by a Vet asap. This could be a Blood pressure issue with the eyes an infection or allergy. The breathing needs to be addressed asap. I would bring the dog in and check her temperature. The normal is 100.5-102.5. If over 103. then she has a temp and you will have to slowly cool her down and see if you slowly reduce the temp to normal and no lower than 100.5. I do suggest that she be seen asap. I always have concern about a Uterine infection in a dog that is not spayed. Please have he seen in the morning. You can read about illness symptoms here: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2015/06/17/10-do-not-ignore-dog-symptoms.aspx

Joan