Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog had a swoolen and bulging left eye. Thought maybe a

Customer Question

My dog had a swoolen and bulging left eye. Thought maybe a bee sting or insect bite. The swelling is gone now, but she keeps closing her eye and has suddenly started drooling bout an hour ago. o I need t get her to emergency vet help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: missy
JA: How old is Missy?
Customer: 6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Missy?
Customer: she has special food for reflux
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Do you have Benedryl in the house? Please give 1 mg per pound of body weight. I will stand by while you do this.
Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.

This could be an allergic reaction and the plain Benedryl will help keep it under control until you get him into the Vet. Allergic reaction can be dangerous as it is in humans. Dogs can get anaphalaxis so we want to be sure that we stop it with the plain Benedryl. The dog will need to be seen hands on by the Vet for further treatment. You can use some plain Saline to rinse the eye and soothe it.

Joan