Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

Last week I noticed a rash. Found fleas. He was treated. Now

Customer Question

Hi. Last week I noticed a rash. Found fleas. He was treated. Now has foul smelling diarrhea
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He's Dallas. 2 years old... Shitzu Pom mix. His treatment was topical. A natural product
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dallas
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dallas?
Customer: He vomited today. Loose stools from yesterday diarrhea today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would like to assist you.

Did this start after flea treatment?

What is the name of the product that you used?

Did Dallas lick himself after using it?

Does he eat anything except dog food?

What Brand food do you use?

What is his weight?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
34;Natural Flea and Tick Spray"
I left the treatment on for 2 days
I'm sure he licked himself
Cesar wet foods and purina dry
He's about 15 pounds
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He sometimes get a treat of chicken or meat from the table
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Purina One Smart small bites (beef and rice)
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

Even being amounts off the coatnatural, you can still have issues. Cedar tree oil which is one of the main ingredients can be toxic to pets in some degree. I would like you first to bathe the dog in Blue dawn Dish soap to get any of the residual amounts off the coat of the dog. Once this is does and he is dried it should be better. Sisce he vomited, I would like to wait until this evening to feed him. We need to start with 1/4 of a 10mg Pepcid Ac to help settle the stomach. When we go to feed please use a bland diet on 1 part skinless boneless chicken breast boiled to 3 parts white rice and to this mixture add 1 teaspoon full of Pure canned Pumpkin to the food. Feed in small increments rather than all at once break up the meals to be sure he can hold it down. This should be done for 3-4 days. If he continues to vomit or the stools get worse or you see any blood in them, please see the Vet immediately. We do not want to let this go because we are assuming the problem is the Topical you used, but can be other things so we are using first aid to treat the symptoms. I would not use that spray again. Using Plain blue Dawn dish soap is great for fleas.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

I see you want a Phone call, and sent an offer for you. If you do not wish to accept, we can continue here.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?