Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog ate 80 mg aspirin tablets .. around 30-40 : 25 lbs

Customer Question

My dog ate 80 mg aspirin tablets .. around 30-40
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: 25 lbs dog , 1 year old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: we took him to emergency and he vomited .. they want to keep him overnight.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

It is wise to leave the dog over night. They can give stomach protectants and monitor blood work. Since your dog is a lower weight they will monitor Glucose levels, breathing and administer fluids. That was a lot of aspirin and it can cause intestinal bleeding if any started digesting in the stomach. They are better equipted for any emergency that should occur with that large of an Over Dose of Aspirin.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan