Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a 6 yr old Bloodhound who stopped eating about a week

Customer Question

I have a 6 yr old Bloodhound who stopped eating about a week ago. Other than a few dog treats and whatever I could put his pill in he isn't interested in any food. The vet took x-rays and said he sees what could be a mass up in his chest, his blood work all came back normal a week ago. He is giving him antibiotics and something to try to stimulate an appetite, I go back tomorrow to see how he is doing, the next step he said would be a ultrasound if we chose to go that route?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Waylon, he is 6 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Waylon?
Customer: He's normally active but the last week he's been pretty lazy. I did notice about a week or two ago he started eating about half his bowl of food then would come back later and finish it. I have another bloodhound who is 10, a friend of mine was staying with us and didn't know any better and let my older dog in the house before Waylon was finished. They got into it a little over the food but nothing really bad.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doug Nieh replied 4 months ago.

Hello - my name is***** - I understand your dog was diagnosed with a suspected chest mass - how can I help you?