Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Um My dog Chichi has pink lips on the right side of her

Customer Question

um hello there. My dog Chichi has pink lips on the right side of her mouth. Her mouth is nice and smooth, but I know her mouth was not Pink before. I don't understand why this has happened. I bought True Dog Spray to use it to clean my dog's mouth, but a few weeks later after using it, her mouth (right side) became pink
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. How old is Chichi?
Customer: thanks. I'll be sure to let him know. Chichi just turned six years old last month (April)
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chichi?
Customer: well aside from the tartar build up in her mouth that I'm trying to get rid off, aside from that, she's fine. Chichi is an extremely healthy dog. thankfully.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is she rubbing or scratching at her mouth often?

Is is possible for you to take a picture of the pink area and post it or attach it to your next message?