Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog was just treated UTI and finished her medications a

Customer Question

Hello, my dog was just treated for a UTI and finished her medications a week ago. I just took her on a walk and noticed her urine was dark red/brown in color. Her energy, appetite and everything else is normal. I am just very concerned with the color of her urine.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Her feet are free of any (visible) cuts or wounds
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: Not really. She is around 7 years old. A corgi mix. Around 25 lbs. She is overall in very good health.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 8 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

How long was she on medication?

Do you know the name of the antibiotic she was on?

Is she drinking more than normal?