PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My sisters dog chewed up the end of the spray bottle that

Customer Question

My sisters dog chewed up the end of the spray bottle that had a small amount of bayer advance funds spray in it. Poison Control said not to worry. Jazz ( The dog did throw up) My worry is she should take her to the vet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: It was Bayer advance fungus poison sprayThe epa number is *****
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is walking around but keeps eating grass.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question.

From what I can find only, it looks like vomiting and diarrhea are the primary symptoms that we see with this type of ingestion. She is likely consuming grass because her stomach is upset from the ingestion. Encourage her to avoid eating grass and keep an eye on her. You can give 0.5mg/pound of body weight of regular pepcid (famotidine) every 12-24 hours to help with nausea.

If she has not eaten recently, offer her something bland like chicken and rice this evening and monitor her until tomorrow. If vomiting begins and does not stop, yes, you will need to take her to your vet's office. Injectable medications will work much better and much faster to help alleviate the nausea. Unless this happens, monitoring at home should be all that's needed.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy