Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

She had surgery 3 weeks ago on a laceration on her shoulder.

Customer Question

She had surgery 3 weeks ago on a laceration on her shoulder. Was given 20 ss staples. Weight 15pnds. 2 years. italian greyhound. Stitches were taken out a week ago. Dog is lethargic and in pain still. fever of 103.6 today... think she had temp yesterday
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Grace. I made appointment with vet but its two days from now. Is this an emergency? Worried just spend 1200 on her for the surgery.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Grace?
Customer: I have felt everywhere around her body.. and massaged her.. no broken bones.. but her muscles on her hind legs and stomach are tender, and she winces in pain when she moves around much
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: she is eating and drinking regular. Poo and pee regular
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.

The fact the temp is so high and there is pain this is an emergency situation. I would contact the vet nand see if you can do a walk in without an appointment. The Vet under these circumstances may treat this as a follow up visit. I am concerned about a systemic infection with the temp being that high. Please get her in to be seen asap. I am not one to jump into an emergency appointment lightly, but there is something more going on.

Joan