Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

Yesterday she vomited a couple times, very slow and not

Customer Question

Yesterday she vomited a couple times, very slow and not feeling good. I tried to think what she ate. Then I remembered giving her a slice of meatloaf a couple days prior which had dehydrated onion in it. Now I know no on onions. Do you think this is why she's not feeling well?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bell she approx 60lbs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No she's always been healthy. But, I did switch dog food too about 1 week ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.

Can you tell me is she may have eating anything else other than the meatloaf that could have cause a problem: ie Bones, rawhide, etc?

Is she spayed?

Is her abdomen tender?

Any diarrhea?

What color are her gums?

when she vomited was it food or just bile?

How many times did she vomit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bell is spayed. I haven't noticed her eating any bones, etc. She vomited twice yesterday and nothing today. Just a yellow bile with a few pieces of milk bones. I haven't seen her go yet so not sure on the diarrhea. Gums are a light pink color. Her abdomen doesn't seem to bother her when a press on it.
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

Thank-you for the information. I do not believe the dehydrated onion cased the problem, but over all eating a people food. This does happen from time to time when we give pets people food or they get a hold of it. The fact she did not vomit today is good. I would like you to watch her stool for any jelly or blood passing, as well as diarrhea. Human food can cause a mild bout of gastrointestinal distress. This a common problem and sometimes we even see jellied stools and some spots of blood. If that happens we need to start a bland diet of one part skinless chicken breast to 3 parts white rice all boiled. This will allow the stomach to rest and it should get better within a day or two. If she should start vomiting again or you see a lot of blood in the stool and diarrhea, the a Vt visit will be needed. I do suggest refraining from any people food.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?