Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She started yesterday leaking a clear like fluid from her

Customer Question

She started yesterday leaking a clear like fluid from her vagina. She has been sick at her stomach and has thrown up a few times. She takes spells where she shakes like she is freezing but she feels like she is running a temperature. I picked her up to take her out side to use the bathroom and she yelped some as if it was hurting her. She just lays around and doesn't sleep very much at all.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is a Red Dapple-Merrill Chihuahua. I thought at first she was going into heat but she has never acted this way before. I can't loose my baby. Please help me if you can.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby.

How old is she?

Is she spayed?

When was her last heat?

Is she urinating more than usual?