Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She has a tummy ache and breathing very fast : When I came

Customer Question

She has a tummy ache and breathing very fast
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: When I came home she had pooped on herself.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: 4 year old hum hum
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Hum hum
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting? Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Was it diarrhea she passed on herself?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She doing better this morning no more panting and shaking. And she is sleeping which the owner needs also. The only thing is the anal is a little tender and red. Which I will get a warm towel to comfort her.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think she had one too many treats and got a sensitive tummy. Will be on a look out if she doesn't feel better is off to the vet office.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

I am very glad to hear that she has settled and since we weren't able to aid you today when you posted, I will send your question back to customer service.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.