Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I have a 9 week old Westie that just fell 3 feet and t her

Customer Question

Hi I have a 9 week old Westie that just fell 3 feet and hit her head on concrete. What should I look for to make sure she is ok? She jumped up and ran right after it happened but now she is sleeping.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lexi
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lexi?
Customer: No Her pupils are normal I think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

The puppy needs to see the Vet for X rays. Symptoms and problems can show up weeks later. A slow brain bleed can take a while to show anything. You could see seizures, blindness from pressure in the eyes, vestibular issues, as well as vomiting, bleeding from ears or nostrils, head tilt and unusual eye movements. It is important to have the puppy checked out to be sure all is ok. The can have skull fractures and concussions, the same way humans can. Please look over this site :

http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/emergency-trauma-urgent-care/head-trauma-in-dogs Go to the site with arrow on top of page.

I hope the puppy will be ok, but best to have her checked out today.

If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.

I hope you will have the puppy seen today and I hope this was helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions and if I can be of further help.

Joan