Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog has a bright red growth on s lower lip on the lip

Customer Question

Hi pearl, my dog has a bright red growth on his lower lip on the lip flesh , it kind of looks like you could pull it right off but it can't be pulled off. It's shaped kind of like a bean.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Boru age 11
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Boar?
Customer: No he is healthy otherwise and doesn't seem bothered by it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this growth to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing.