PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Dr. , Tensie our 5 year old boxer female had a little growth

Customer Question

Dr. Bruce,
Tensie our 5 year old boxer female had a little growth removed from her back. She broke some of the stitches out and they had to be resown. She rubbed her back on the fence, a plastic coated cyclone fence. One half is not healing up and it's runny. What can we put on it to dry it up. A long time ago we could get some kind of powder from the feed store and it would dry a wound up. Would tetramicin work. It's a cream. The vets aren't working today, just thought you might give me some idea of what might work.
Thanks,
Sylvia
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hi Sylvia, thanks for your question. I see that nearly an hour has passed since you posed your question. It does not look like Dr. Bruce is on at this time. If you'd like to wait and receive an answer later, just let me know and I'll opt out. Otherwise, I'll be happy to assist you so that you can get a prompt reply to your question.

Do you happen to have a clear picture of the wound so that I may see what you're seeing?

When was the mass removed?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have a picture of it. The cyst was removed about 3 weeks ago.

It should be completely healed by now. Have the sutures already been removed from the surgical area?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks

Sylvia, are you still needing additional assistance? If so, can you tell me if the sutures have already been removed from the surgical area?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No more help Thanks

.