PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

I think my 20# miniature schnauzer might have licked a leaf

Customer Question

I think my 20# ***** schnauzer might have licked a leaf sprayed with round op. she is showing no signs of anything different and that was 2 hours ago. should I be overly concerned
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no side affects
JA: Huh?
Customer: she is not showing any side affects
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Most roundup ingestions result in a mild GI upset, if anything occurs at all. A lick from a leaf would likely not be enough to cause problems. Monitor for any GI concerns like vomiting, diarrhea, etc. but expect that you likely won't see anything at all.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?