PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

I have a 4 1/2 lb.pom that is 13mos.I came home and she was

Customer Question

I have a 4 1/2 lb.pom that is 13mos.I came home and she was sitting & wouldn't get up. I picked her up.She wimpered. She's holding her rt.back leg tight to her body.I tried to move the leg & again she cried. She's a jumper.Can I give her 1/2 a baby aspirin?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Divka. She not lethargic though. She not moving her back leg.When I try to move it she cries. I can't take her to Vet till Monday cause I'm working Sunday. I'm an R.N.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dinka?
Customer: No just that her back leg is hurting her.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

It sounds like she certainly has injured her leg. If the aspirin does not help, you'll need to have her seen and possibly some x-rays taken to be sure that it's not broken. There's a chart here for using aspirin in dogs. You'll just plug her weight into the chart and it will do the math for you:

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is Divka feeling today?