Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My dog licked Urea cream off my foot. Is it lethal ? : Max

Customer Question

My dog licked Urea cream off my foot. Is it lethal ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Max two years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?
Customer: No, except he licks everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

No, we safely prescribe urea cream when treating hyperkeratosis in dogs who we know are going to lick it after we apply it. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am very pleased with the speed and efficiency, in which my question was answered. Thankyou very much Dr. Salkin.

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?