Cynthia Metcalf
Cynthia Metcalf,
Experience:  Veterinarian at East Bay SPCA
88335079

Just noticed that my puppy doesn't want to open s eyes he's

Customer Question

Just noticed that my puppy doesn't want to open his eyes he's been laying around all day it's really hot when I go to open them with a wet towel he doesn't want to laying around
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your puppy. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Liam he's just a little over-year-old he hasn't eaten all day but that's not unusual sometimes he doesn't eat until late afternoon
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Liam?
Customer: I don't even know who you are I just type something in and you appeared so I'm not sure what I'm doing here
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cynthia Metcalf replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I'm sorry to hear your pup isn't feeling well. How long has his eyes been this way? Has he been exposed to any plants or wildlife recently. They can sometimes cause irritation to the eyes. Is he breathing alright?

The most common cause of eye irritation is bacterial conjunctivitis (inflammation). This can easily be treated with eye ointment or drops from your Veterinarian.

I hope this information has been helpful. Do you have any additional questions?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will gladly pay the $5 but I did not intend to pay the $19 that somehow was charged to my PayPal account. What you said was so generic that no, it wasn't helpful at all.
I have placed your charge of $19 in dispute.
I did not like the way your charge to me was handled at all. Please refund me $14.00. Thank you.

I'm sorry I didn't fully address your question. I had asked some additional questions to gain a better understanding of the situation so that i could give you tailored advice. Unfortunately, there are times when there aren't any safe at home remedies that can be offered. I believe this is one of them.