PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My dogs ate a chicken bone 8 days ago and is eating and

Customer Question

My dogs ate a chicken bone 8 days ago and is eating and pooping normally. His behavior is normal. Should I still take him to the vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Frankie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Frankie?
Customer: No. He's been on his normal eating, drinking, urination, & pooping routine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

After 8 days, the bones should have already passed from his system. I wouldn't worry about taking him to the vet unless symptoms develop of him feeling unwell.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is Frankie feeling?