Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

He ate the end of a spatula swallowed it whole what do we

Customer Question

he ate the end of a spatula swallowed it whole what do we do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: jazz border collie hes 13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Border Collie?
Customer: he has cararact can see well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. Since the Dog are the end of a spatula, you need to get the dog into the ER Vet. They can use an Endoscope to remove it without surgery. If left to go through the system you are looking at a possible blockage and surgical intervention. If you need an ER Vet please supply a Zipcode and area and I can try and locate one close by.

Joan