PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My dog has started labor process and has been pushing an

Customer Question

My dog has started labor process and has been pushing for almost an hour but nothing is happening
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?
Customer: She is a papillon chihuahua mix
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She isn't hurting she's in Labor
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Daisy and 1year 2months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Daisy?
Customer: The other dog that got her pregnant is a min pin/chihuahua mix
JA: We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many laboring pets.

Unfortunately, once we get past the 30-60 minute time period where no puppies have been produced, it's time to seek veterinary care under the suspicion that Daisy may not be able to produce the puppies on her own and need a c-section.

Do you know of an ER facility in your area that can see her this evening? If not, please reply back with your city, state and zip code. I'll work finding one for you.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is Daisy doing?

Hi Jc,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?