Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

There is a hole in the guest room quilt about two feet and a

Customer Question

There is a hole in the guest room quilt about two feet long and a foot wide. I found a few pieces in the yard. Appears she vomited them up. No sign of the rest of the pieces. She is a four year old German Shorthaired Pointer. She did not eat all her dinner. I discovered the quilt after her dinner time.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Besides the quilt? Not that we know of. I was on a school field trip. My husband said Bella (the dog) wasn't eating right yesterday either.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She had a round of antibiotics that ended about a week ago. She had cut her foot while running in the woods
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: the wound required stitches
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to hear your dog ate the quilt. Unfortunately dogs all too often eat foreign objects.

How is your dog doing now? Any vomiting today?

Any diarrhea, discomfort, or pain in the abdomen?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I found some small pieces of quilt in the back yard. They were wet. She also vomited a dozen or so pieces of kibble when she tried to eat her food an hour or so ago. I was surprised she didn't want to eat, but then I saw the quit and apparently this is why. I have been gone on business (field trip) the past couple of days. My husband said she didn't eat much yesterday either. I am not sure how recent the quilt incident was. She is lying down right near me now. Haven't seen her try to have a bowel movement.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She has been coughing a little bit (today and yesterday) too.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It seems like a pretty big piece. Not sure if she will be able to pass it. Wondering if I need to call an emergency vet.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.

If she is still vomiting up pieces I would recommend heading to a vet tonight to have some x-rays done. The biggest concern would be to look for any obvious blockage or obstruction. If that is present, she may need surgery to remove the pieces that are still in there. If the x-rays look normal, supportive care for upset stomach might be all that she needs. To be safe, I would have her checked out tonight.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I almost gave her a Zantac tonight. I will try call our vet for an emergency number. Jen
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.

You are very welcome. I wish you both the best. Have a good night.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a wonderful weekend!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? If so, please reply back. If not, please feel free to accept and rate this conversation if you do not need any further assistance. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. G.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you. I see you have not yet rated this conversation. Is there anything else I can help you with at this time? Is there any other information I can help you with? Please reply back if you need any further help, otherwise please accept and rate this conversation so we know you no longer need our help. Thank you and have a wonderful day!