Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

I am temporaly out of Eye Wash bichon, and was wondering if

Customer Question

I am temporaly out of Eye Wash for my bichon, and was wondering if I can use Thera Tears or Clear Eyes on her until I get some new stuff. She scratched her eye last night with her paw.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She does not have fleas. SHe is 8 years old. No she just scratched her eye last night with her paw.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Hannah
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hannah?
Customer: No, I had been using Eye Wash to keep in clean but until I get some more just want to know if I can use Thera Tears to give her some comfort.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am licensed veterinarian of 5 years. You can call me Dr. H for short. I understand you are looking to provide your pet Hannah with some eye relief after she scratched her eye. I can understand you wanting to give her some relief, but first I would like to get more information on the eye itself and how it looks before giving my thoughts on whether the Thera Tears or Clear Eyes is appropriate. If the eye has an ulcer or scratch on the surface, then these products are safe to use and won't hurt; however they also won't heal the eye either. She may need topical antibiotics to help the eye heal properly.

Do you have a picture of her eye to send me? (this is the best way for me to see what is going on with the eye itself)

Also is there any discharge coming from the eye(s)? If so what color is it?

- Dr. H

I see that you have gone offline. I will check in periodically wth you over the next hour or so. If I have not received a response from you I will open up the chat for another expert to assist you. Thank you.

- Dr. H

I see that you had a chance to review my reply. Would you like to continue the conversation? Or do you have all the information you need at this time?

- Dr. H