Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.
What kind of lizard was this? Your typical Green Anole?
Is she showing any signs of illness at this point?
Thanks for the information. It is unlikely there she will have any toxicity issues here. The only lizards considered to be poisonous are the Mexican Beaded Lizard and the Gila Monster. It is unlikely she ingested either of those. It is possible that she may develop a slight upset stomach, but in most cases, dogs do not have many problems after ingesting lizards. I would monitor her for multiple episodes of vomiting, diarrhea for more than 24 hours, blood in the stool, lack of appetite or abdominal pain. If you see any of these issues, I would have her evaluated by a vet ASAP. Otherwise, it should be fine to monitor her. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.
My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.