Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Shih Tzu five years old a tongue is swollen out of no where

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Punkin
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Puking eat anything unusual?
Customer: No change in food or treats. I do have worker bees in the back but they usually eat of my wood
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Puking?
Customer: Need help. Disable and live my baby can't afford Doctor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is Punkin having any distress?

Any difficulty in breathing, eating or excessive salivation?