Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Need help my son 110 lb RothWeiler has had a foot pad come

Customer Question

Need help my son 110 lb RothWeiler has had a foot pad come off his leg has been very swollen and then puse and blood has poured down his leg> I was given by a friend 75mg of carpaquin and then I started him on Then I also give him 750 mg of levofloxacin. He is no heavy breathing while at rest. Should he also be giving prednisone to help dry fluids that may be in lungs from the antibotics.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Their is a wound high up on thigh. that is where the liquids was flowing from. this has stoped but leg is still a bit larger his breathing is scaring me now. He is 11 yrs old.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dozer
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dozer?
Customer: Not to my knowledge other than I am on oxygen and caould not pick him up to get to my vet and they don't make house calls. so I have tried with help of neighsbors to get him mobil. He is now climbing my 10 steps outside just is breathing is scaring me. I also have prednisone 20mg I can give just did not want to with out help.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Am I still connected?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm so sorry for the delay in receiving a response.

I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you attach a clear photograph leg and a video of the breathing?
2) Do you know what caused the original abscess?