Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

The puppy is five weeks old it's not doing what the others

Customer Question

The puppy is five weeks old it's not doing what the others are doing it won't eat and is shivering like it's cold they are due for there first thing of shots next week but I'm worried this pup won't make it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: I think that covers it the pup is put Bill and austlian shepherd they are around 5 weeks old a little over that actually
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he had these signs?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, vomiting, or diarrhea?

Is he still nursing from mum, on a bottle, or eating solid food?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?