Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

She's 6 month and she's acting scared confuse : She's acting

Customer Question

She's 6 month and she's acting scared confuse
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: She's acting not normal
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She's starting to cry and moving a lot confuse
JA: The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: I can't tell
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: B
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: But when I massage her stomach she stays still for a bit
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think it maybe be her stoMach that hrs not sure.. she won't stay still she'll be moving a lot kind of in sircle that she laid's down and do the same aver againg, and crystal a little
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This may be a digestive disturbance that is causing your gal to feel uncomfortable. Dogs at this age ingest anything and she may have ingested something that is causing her this distress. Usually we would see some vomiting and/or diarrhea but not always. The treatment for this is as follows:

Fast your gal for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If she is feeling better, then wean her back onto regular food. If this persists especially during the fast, take your gal to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns such as an intestinal obstruction or an injury that you may not be aware of that is causing her pain.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****