Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Can you really help me right now? : he's in pain from what

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: can you really help me right now?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: he's in pain from what we think is a spinal irritation or pinched nerve.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: we took him to the vet and the vet gave him some dexamethasone, methocarbamol and tramadol
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: how long do these meds last in his system?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: this is not a real person is it?
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to know if I can give my 22.5 pound french bulldog more tramadol - he has had 25mg in the last 16 hours (12.5 at 8am and 12.5 at 5pm). But he got up from a nap and yelped in pain when he moved around tonight. It is now midnight PST - so can I give him another 12.5mg to help him through the night and not affect his liver adversely? I also gave him 500mg methocarbanol (muscle relaxer) just now - that dosage is 500mg every 8 hours.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian (and real person) and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, he can safely have a maximum dose of 51mg of Tramadol every 8 hours. So, while we'd not want to give any more of the others then what has been prescribed, this can be given without worry of liver damage. If anything, we could see him be a bit sedate but that isn't an unwanted sign if he is sore just now.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet