Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Our dog has been diagnosed with Addison disease. He is

Customer Question

our dog has been diagnosed with Addison disease. He is currently taking 5 mg of predinisone 1 .5 morning and 1 evening. The last few days however he has been very labored breathing. Not sure what to do? Should we be worried, could he need more predinisone? The only thing that motivates him is food.. I am assuming this is from the medications
Any suggestions would be helpful
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

When you say that Ziggy is having labored breathing, do you mean that he's panting?
Is he still eating and drinking normally?