Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My miniature schnauzer has beer sick roughly 10 times this

Customer Question

Hello. My miniature schnauzer has beer sick roughly 10 times this evening and sometimes trembling before she is sick. This has now progressed to diarrhoea also. She won't settle and looks distressed. She ate some fatty pork from the floor earlier which I think may have caused it. Does she need to see a vet asap?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Valerie, 7 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Valerie?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Does she have a history of eating human food?
2) Has she had any other human food today?
3) Does she have a history of GI upsets?