Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Almost 2 weeks ago she went outside to do her night time

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, almost 2 weeks ago she went outside to do her night time pee, came in acted antsy, couldn't get comfortable. Next she gets a rash & hives up her belly. Took her to the vet, they said she got bit by some thing. Eye lid swollen glands swollen, rash & hives gone.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is this new behavior?
Customer: They gave her a shot of kenalog, prednisone for 3 days then every other day for 4. She's not her normal self.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is Jojo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jomo?
Customer: Jojo, she eats a bit, drinks kinda of alot more water, and is always laying down. Just not herself normal active self.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Is your main concern the increased water consumption and lethargy?