PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog has IVVD and is on steroids and pretnizone and being

Customer Question

My dog has IVVD and is on steroids and pretnizone and being caged. I changed his diet to wet food for easier digestion but his vomited twice no blood. Can I give him Pepcid
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No wet food only
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Gordo 10
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Guard?
Customer: That he is on steroids and pretnizone
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

You must certainly can. Famotidine (pepcid) is dosed at 0.5mg/pound of body weight every 12-24 hours.

Please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.