Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

15 year old Siberian Husky. She is panting a lot, evening

Customer Question

15 year old Siberian Husky. She is panting a lot, evening during the evening when it is cool. Other than that she acts normal. Maybe pacing a bit more than usual. She doesn't appear in any pain or feels bad.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sky
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sky?
Customer: Not really, just her age, 15. I've never had her to the vet for illness in her life.....just her shots and check ups.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When was the last time that she had blood work performed?
2) Any medications being given at this time?