Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She is drinking a lot of water, not eating anything,

Customer Question

She is drinking a lot of water, not eating anything, including liverwurst a favorite treat, she's panting heavily and doesn't want to move. She's on Tramadol and Carprofen, Levocrine and famotidine for last 2 weeks or so. She is 11 and her hips are bad.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dakota
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dakota?
Customer: She doesn't want to go out - only went out twice today and peed otherwise she stayed in the whole day.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, vomiting, or diarrhea? Any black stool?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?